Pile installation will continue on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. thru November 2016. This operation calls for piles within the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection and will require Fairfax Ave. weekend lane closures on weekends between now and November. There will also be intermittent street closures on Wilshire Blvd.
Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
• This weekend, October 8th thru 10th, pile installation work will require that Fairfax Ave. be reduced to one lane in each direction between 6th St. and 8th St. starting on Saturday at 4am thru Monday, at 6am.
• Left turns restricted from Fairfax Ave. to Wilshire Blvd. in both directions.
• Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. left turns are restricted to northbound Fairfax Ave.
• Westbound 6th St. left turn pocket closure onto southbound Fairfax Ave. Second left turn pocket open.
TIME: 7am to 11pm - Drilling and piling
11pm to 7am - Support activities (concrete pours, secure plates, sound blanket
and closure removal)
The directional closure will be in place starting Sat., Oct 8th at 4am thru Mon., Oct 10th at 6am.
WHAT: Pile installation, north side of Wilshire/Fairfax intersection
What to Expect
• All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
• Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
• Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
• Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
• Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
Metro northbound 217 and DASH Fairfax will post stop relocations and announce relocations and detours to riders.
Traffic officer support will be in place at the intersection.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934