On Saturday, October 1st, the design-builder will implement the work site traffic control for jet grouting on Wilshire Bl and Arden Bl. This operation will involve the placement of k-rail (concrete barriers) and street restriping in the center lanes of Wilshire Bl and reduce Wilshire to two lanes in each direction between Rossmore Bl and Lucerne Bl for approximately 6-8 weeks.
The work on Saturday, October 1st will require the following intermittent lane reductions.
• Westbound Wilshire Bl reduced to one lane between Crenshaw Bl and Rossmore Bl
• Eastbound Wilshire Bl reduced to one lane between Rimpau Bl and Plymouth Bl
Once the traffic control is installed, work behind the k-rail will include saw cutting, pot holing, minor street demolition, drilling, usage of a generator, and a storage silo, and deliveries.
K-Rail Installation: Saturday, October 1st- 8am-6pm
Jet Grouting Activities: Weekday work hours: 7am-9pm, Saturday: 8am-6pm
WHEN: Saturday, October 1st – November 2016
WHERE: Wilshire Bl between Rossmore Av and Lucerne Bl
What to Expect
• All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
• Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
• Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
• Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
• Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
• Westbound Metro 20 at Wilshire/Lucerne will be temporarily out of service.
• BRT Lanes will be temporarily suspended in this area and allowed for regular traffic.
• 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934