Starting Monday, September 19th, station excavation will begin and continue through the Fall of 2017 for the future Wilshire/La Brea station.
The initial station excavation will occur from 7am-11pm underneath the deck between La Brea and Sycamore behind existing k-rail (concrete barriers) on Wilshire Blvd. Excavated material will be hauled on approved haul routes to approved dump sites. (La Brea Blvd to Crenshaw Blvd to the I-10 Freeway).
Station excavation over the course of the next year will continue underneath the deck, but excavated material will be removed primarily from the staging yards located on the west corners of Wilshire Blvd and La Brea Ave. Excavated material will be loaded onto trucks, and hauled on approved haul routes to approved dump sites (La Brea Ave to Crenshaw Blvd to the I-10 Freeway). This phase of excavation will occur 24/7 from behind sound walls in the staging yards and will potentially require intermittent off-peak curb lane closures on La Brea near the yards.
TIME: 7am-11pm-Initial Excavation (Behind existing k-rail)
24/7-Primary Excavation (Staging Yards)
WHEN: Monday, Sep. 19th through Fall 2017
WHERE: Wilshire/ La Brea
WHAT: Station Excavation
What to Expect
• All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
• Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
• Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
• Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
• Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934