We apologize for the inconvenience. This work is being postponed and will be rescheduled for a future date. An updated notice will be provided once work is scheduled.
On Saturday, September 17th, the design-builder will implement the work site traffic control for jet grouting at Wilshire Boulevard and Arden Boulevard. This operation will involve the placement of k-rail (concrete barriers) and street restriping in the center island of Wilshire Blvd and reduce Wilshire to two lanes in each direction between Rossmore Blvd and Lucerne Blvd for approximately 6-8 weeks.
The work on Saturday, September 17th will require the following intermittent lane reductions.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd reduced to one lane between Crenshaw Blvd and Rossmore Blvd.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd reduced to one lane between Rimpau Blvd and Plymouth Blvd.
Once the traffic control is installed, work behind the k-rail will include saw cutting, pot holing, minor street demolition, drilling, usage of a generator, and a storage silo, and deliveries.
K-Rail Installation: Saturday, September 17th from 8am-6pm
Jet Grouting Activities: Weekday work hours: 7am-9pm Saturday: 8am-6pm
WHEN: Saturday, September 17 – Saturday, November 12th
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd between Rossmore Blvd and Lucerne Blvd
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations.
- Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Westbound Metro 20 at Wilshire/Lucerne will be temporarily out of service.
- BRT Lanes will be temporarily suspended in this area and allowed for regular traffic.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934