As a part of station construction for the future subway station at Wilshire/Fairfax, the design-builder will be continuing pile installation on the north side of Wilshire Blvd and Fairfax Ave thru November 2016. This operation calls for piles in the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection, which requires Fairfax Ave weekend lane closures on weekends between now and November, with intermittent street closures on Wilshire Blvd.
Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
- This weekend, pile installation work will require a northbound directional closure on Fairfax Ave at Wilshire Blvd on Saturday, September 10th and Sunday, September 11th from 7am-11pm.
- Left turns restricted from northbound Fairfax Ave to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Detour route: Northbound Fairfax Ave to eastbound Wilshire Blvd to northbound La Brea Ave to westbound 6th St to northbound Fairfax Ave.
- Right turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Fairfax Ave will be restricted.
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to two lanes between Orange St. and Wilshire Blvd.
TIME: Work hours: 7am-11pm The directional closure will be in place starting Sat., 9/10 at 3am thru Sun., 9/12 at 6am WHERE: Wilshire/Fairfax WHAT: Pile installation, north side of the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations.
- Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
- Metro northbound 217 and DASH Fairfax will post stop relocations and announce relocations and detours to riders.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Project Hotline: 213-922-6934
Share this page on