This weekend, from Friday, September 9, thru Monday, September 12, the following activities will occur in coordination with the decking full closure in the Wilshire/La Brea area:
- Jet grouting at Wilshire Blvd/Orange Dr. will proceed in coordination with decking under the full closure. Work will require street demo, saw cutting, pot holing and drilling.
- Dewatering well installation at Wilshire Blvd./Detroit: work will involve minor street demo and drilling using a compact drill rig. Work will occur on Saturday 9/10 and Sunday 9/11 from 8am-6pm. The sidewalk on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Brea and Detroit will be closed. A signed pedestrian detour will direct pedestrians to the south side of the Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk.
- Geological instrumentation installation at Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. Work will involve minor street demo and drilling using a compact drill rig. Work will occur on Saturday 9/10 and Sunday 9/11 from 8am-6pm. Lane closures will include a south bound right turn closure on La Brea Ave. at Wilshire Blvd. Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane between La Brea Ave. and Detroit St.
- Decking work is continuous thru the weekend.
- Jet grouting is scheduled from 7am-11pm Dewatering and geo tech work is scheduled for 8am-6pm.
WHEN: Saturday, September 10 – Sunday, September 11
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations.
- Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934