Construction Week Look-Ahead
From Tuesday, October 4th through Friday, October 7th from 8pm to 11pm, there will be saw cutting and potholing work at the station ends on Wilshire Blvd. This will support upcoming piling for the future Fairfax station. This work will require the following intermittent lane closures:
• Westbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane between Ogden Dr. and Fairfax Ave.
• Westbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane between Fairfax Ave. and Crescent Heights Ave.
From Tuesday, October 4th through Friday, October 7th from 7am-11pm, pile installation will occur on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between Ogden Dr. and Orange Grove Ave. Activities to support the piling will occur from 11pm-7am on an as-needed basis. This work will require temporary closure of the sidewalk on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between Ogden Dr. and Fairfax Ave. There will be a signed pedestrian detour and flaggers to assist pedestrians.
Jet Grout Coring
From Tuesday, October 4th to Friday, October 7th from 7am-5pm, there will be soil extractions to investigate soil conditions following the jet grouting.
• Orange Dr. will be closed to thru traffic south of Wilshire Blvd.
TIME: La Brea Coring: 7am-5pm
Fairfax Potholing: 8pm-11pm
Fairfax Piling: 7am-11pm – support activities 11pm-7am as needed
WHEN: Tuesday, October 4th – Friday, October 7th
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea/ Wilshire/Fairfax
WHAT: Potholing, Piling, Coring
What to Expect
• All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
• Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
• Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
• Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934