Wednesday, September 7th
- Traffic signal shutdown at Wilshire/La Brea to support electrical and conduit work from 9am-3:30pm.
Tuesday, September 6th -Friday, September 9th
- Geotechnical instrumentation install on Sycamore just south of Wilshire. Work will involve minor street demolition and drilling. Northbound Sycamore traffic will be assisted by flaggers. Work hours: 8am- 6pm and 6pm-11pm as needed.
- Traffic signal shutdowns at Wilshire/Sycamore on 9/8 and 9/9. Shutdown on 9/8 will be from 9am-3:30pm, shutdown on 9/9 will start at 9am and will continue through weekend decking operations.
Tuesday, September 6th – Tuesday, September 20th
- Starting Tuesday, September 6th - Tuesday, September 20th, the north side Wilshire sidewalk between Fairfax and Ogden will close for pile installation. A signed pedestrian detour will be in place to safely direct pedestrians around the closure. Typical work hours for piling are 7am-11pm.
Signal shutdowns: 9:00am-3:30pm
Piling: 7am-11pm, support activities 11pm-7am If needed.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 6– Friday, September 9
WHERE: Wilshire/ La Brea, Wilshire/Fairfax
WHAT: Piling, geotech, electrical
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Work coming up the weekend of 9/9:
- Piling lane closures in the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection.
- La Brea decking full closure between La Brea and Highland.
- Work zone set up for jet grouting at Wilshire/Rossmore.
More info to come next week!
24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934