Phase 3 Decking: Decking closures of Wilshire Blvd, east of La Brea Ave to Highland Ave continues this weekend, August 26-29th. Closures begin Fridays at 8pm thru Mondays at 6am. On Fridays prior to the full closure, the design-builder will implement lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd from 10am to 8pm. Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained.
Visit the information page for vehicle detours and list of locations to board a bus.
Jet Grouting: The design-builder will continue jet grouting under the full closure for decking. Work occurs on Wilshire Blvd between Orange Dr and Mansfield Ave and involves pot holing, saw cutting, piling, drilling, chipping and backfill activities.
Appendage Piles: The design-builder will install the remaining piles on the north side of Sycamore Ave at Wilshire Blvd during the decking closure. Access to businesses will be maintained.
Decking work hours: 24/7
Jet Grouting work hours: 7am-11pm
Support Activities: 11pm-7am
Appendage Piles work hours: 7am-11pm
WHEN: Friday, August 26 – Monday, August 29
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd /La Brea Ave
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations.
- Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Buses will use 3rd St. to La Brea as a detour. Bus stop detours will be posted.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934