Wilshire/La Brea: The design builder will be closing Orange Dr. south of Wilshire Blvd. for an extended period of time beginning 7 am Wednesday, August 24 thru 6am Monday, August 29, to support decking preparation and jet grouting.
Wilshire/Fairfax: On Wednesday, August 24, in preparation for pile installation, the design builder will be conducting plate maintenance, removal and backfill in the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection. This requires the following lane closures:
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to one lane between Wilshire Blvd. and 6th St.
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to one lane between Orange St. and Wilshire Blvd.
- Work hours are 8pm-11pm.
Geotechnical drilling is continuing in the Wilshire/Fairfax area through the week. This week, drilling will occur just west of Fairfax on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk. Work hours 8am-4pm.
TIME: Orange Dr closed south of Wilshire Blvd 7am Wednesday to 6am Monday.
- Jet Grouting/Decking support work hours: 7am-11pm.
- Fairfax Plate Maintenance: 8pm-11pm
- Fairfax Geotechnical drilling: 8am-4pm
WHEN: Monday, August 22 – Monday, August 29
WHERE: Wilshire/ La Brea/ Wilshire/Fairfax WHAT: Pile preparation, geotechnical work, jet grouting, decking preparation
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934