Beginning, Thursday, September 1, through Friday, October 21, the design-builder will demolish the existing buildings located at 111 N. Gale, 8401 Wilshire, and 8421 Wilshire.
The work will require erecting a pedestrian covered sidewalk on Wilshire Blvd and a portion of N. Gale Dr. just north of Wilshire Blvd. Demolition of existing buildings will be accomplished using an excavator. Demolished material will be hauled to recyclable dump sites using pre-approved hauling routes. The sequence of demolition is planned to start on N. Gale and move south to the properties along Wilshire Blvd. Mitigation measures will be in place to contain dust and noise during demolition.
This operation requires the following lane reductions and sidewalk closures from 8am-4pm for public safety:
- Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the opposite sides of Wilshire Blvd. and N. Gale Dr. when critical work is being performed. This detour will be signed and assisted by flaggers. Anticipated duration is 1-3 days.
- The curb lane on westbound Wilshire Bl and southbound Gale Dr will be temporarily closed when critical work is being performed. Anticipated duration is 1-3 days.
Demolition updates will be provided as work progresses.
WHEN: September 1st – October 21st
WHERE: Wilshire/La Cienega WHAT: Building Demolition
*Haul routes: Southbound Gale Dr to westbound Wilshire Blvd to southbound La Cienega Blvd, from 9:00am-3:30pm.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- A covered sidewalk will be erected to ensure public safety.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions on the north side of Wilshire between San Vicente and Hamilton.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- There will be no work on Monday, September 5th for the Labor Day holiday.
- Work will resume on Sept. 6th.
- There will be no work on October 3, 4, 11 or 12th in observance of the High Holy Days.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
- 24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934