To support the piling work at Wilshire/Fairfax, the design-builder will continue potholing in the Wilshire/Fairfax area. This work will involve saw cutting and potholing outside of existing closures on the following dates and times at the following locations.
Saturday, August 20 - Sunday, August 21
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to two lanes between Orange St. and 6th St.
Southbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to one lane between Orange. St and Wilshire Blvd.
Southbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to one lane between Orange. St. Wilshire Blvd. Southbound Fairfax Ave. left turn pocket closed at Wilshire Blvd.
*These lane closures will not be implemented simultaneously.
Monday, August 22 – Friday, August 26
- Sidewalk closure on the north side of Wilshire west of Fairfax Ave. to the 99 Cents Store. Signed pedestrian detour in place from 8am-4pm.
TIME: Weekday: 8am-4pm Weekend: 8am-6pm
WHEN: Sat., August 20 – Fri., August 26
WHAT: Potholing, Geotechnical Drilling .
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Work activity is subject to weather conditions. 24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934