Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The work will include drilling of soil borings, groundwater monitoring well installation, testing and monitoring to gather further information about the geological conditions.
Weekdays (9:00AM - 3:30PM) Monday - Friday, August 22nd to August 26th
- Century Park West south of Santa Monica Blvd.
- Santa Monica Blvd. northeast of Comstock Ave.
- Wilkins Ave. between Thayer Ave. and Woodruff Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. west of Malcolm Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. west of Manning Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. between Glendon Ave. and Malcolm Ave.
Weekends (8:00AM-5:00PM) Saturday and Sunday, August 27th to August 28th
- Wilshire Blvd. west of Gayley Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. west of Veteran Ave.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Fieldwork: groundwater monitoring
- August 22 to 26, 2016, Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 3:30PM
- August 27 to August 28, 2016, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM