Phase 3 Decking: Decking closures of Wilshire Blvd, east of La Brea Ave to Highland Ave continues this weekend, August 19-22nd. Closures begin Fridays at 8pm thru Mondays at 6am. On Fridays prior to the full closure, the design-builder will implement lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd from 10am to 8pm. Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained.
Visit www.metro.net/purplelineext decking landing page for vehicle detours and list of locations to board a bus.
Jet Grouting: The design-builder will continue jet grouting under the full closure for decking. Work occurs on Wilshire Blvd between Orange Dr and Mansfield Ave and involves pot holing, saw cutting, piling, drilling, chipping and backfill activities.
Week look ahead: There will be an extended closure of Orange Dr at Wilshire Blvd from 7am Wednesday, August 24 thru 6am Monday, August 29th.
Decking work hours: 24/7
Jet Grouting work hours: 7am-11pm
Support Activities: 11pm-7am
WHEN: Friday, August 19 – Monday, August 22
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd /La Brea Ave
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations.
- Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- Buses will use 3rd St. to La Brea as a detour.
- Bus stops will be posted.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934