Construction Look Ahead August 15th-19th
Tuesday, August 16th-Friday, August 19th, 2016
- Geological instrumentation work continues in the Wilshire/Fairfax area. Work involves drilling using a compact drill rig and backfill activities. Work hours are 7am-4pm. From 7am-11pm, piling activity will occur behind k-rail, east of Fairfax. Work involves pot holing, drilling, setting piles, and backfill activities.
- From 11pm to 7am, support work such as concrete pours and maintenance of closure will be done as needed.
Tuesday, August 16th - Wednesday, August 17th
- Plate maintenance, removal and backfill in the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection. Northbound Fairfax reduced to one lane between Wilshire and 6th. Work hours are 8pm-11pm.
DATE: Monday, August 15th – Friday, August 19th
TIME 7am-11pm: Pile prep., piling, and geotech. 11pm-7am: Pile support
WHAT: Pile prep, piling, geotechnical drilling
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline – 213-922-6934