Field Work on Constellation Blvd., west of Avenue of the Stars
Metro contractors will be performing construction activities to relocate utility lines for Section 2 of the Purple Line Extension. Work will take place on Constellation Blvd., west of Avenue of the Stars, for the next few months.
- Work will start Sunday, August 28 at 8PM.
- Work is currently scheduled for Sunday through Thursday nights, 8PM - 6AM.
- All work will take place on Constellation Blvd., from just west of Avenue of the Stars to Century Park West, for the next few months.
- Driveway lane reductions or closures will be coordinated with each building and notification will be sent in advance.
- Work on Constellation Blvd., from Century Park West to Century Park East, will take approximately 8 months.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Work will take place during night time hours only from 8PM - 6AM.
- Anticipated start date is Sunday, August 28, 2016
- Sunday through Thursday, 8PM - 6AM