Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The work will include drilling of soil borings, groundwater monitoring well installation, testing and monitoring to gather further information about the geological conditions.
Santa Monica Blvd and frontage road between Comstock Ave. and Benecia Ave.: Monday - Friday, August 15th to August 19th
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at 213.922.6937.
- Fieldwork: drilling, well development, groundwater monitoring
- August 15 to 19, 2016, Monday to Friday, 8:30AM-5:30PM