Wilshire/Fairfax – North Side Closure Construction Activities
Starting Monday August 15th thru October 2016, the design-builder will start the pile operation on the north side of Wilshire in the Fairfax area. These activities will occur mainly behind the existing closure with concrete barriers (k-rail), but at times will require intermittent street and sidewalk closures.
Activities will include:
- Saw cutting, potholing and pile installation for excavation support for the future subway station.
- Geotechnical instrumentation installation to monitor geological conditions.
Street and sidewalk closures will include:
- Weekend lane closures on Wilshire Blvd and Fairfax Ave to support piling.
- Intermittent lane closures in the area.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd reduced to one lane between Spaulding Ave and San Diego Way for steel delivery.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures between San Diego Way and Spaulding Ave.
- Temporary traffic signal shutdowns with traffic officer support.
WHEN: Begins Monday, August 15th-October, 2016. Updates will be provided as work progresses. WHAT:
- Pile Installation Drilling: 7am-11pm
- Geotech Drilling: 7am-11pm
- Support activities (concrete pours, closure maintenance, deliveries, backfill of holes and trenches): 11pm-7am
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd San Diego Way and Spaulding Ave
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations.
- Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Updates on construction will be provided as work progresses. Traffic officers will be dispatched frequently to assist traffic flow. 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934