Phase 3 weekend decking closures of Wilshire Blvd, east of La Brea to Highland is currently underway. Closures begin Fridays at 8pm thru Mondays at 6am (No closures Labor Day weekend). On Fridays prior to the full closure, the design-builder will implement lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd from 10am to 8pm. Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained.
The following detours will be in place:
- Westbound Wilshire: Northbound Highland, Westbound 6th Southbound La Brea, Westbound Wilshire
- Eastbound Wilshire: Northbound La Brea, Eastbound 6th, Southbound Highland, Eastbound Wilshire 720/20
- Westbound Wilshire, Southbound Crenshaw, Westbound Olympic, Northbound La Brea, Westbound Wilshire
- Eastbound Wilshire, Southbound La Brea, Eastbound Olympic, Northbound Crenshaw, Eastbound Wilshire
TIME: Fridays, 8pm-Mondays, 6am. Continuous closures through weekend with lane reductions from 10am to 8pm on Fridays.
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea
WHAT: Phase 3 La Brea Decking
- Signs will be in place for pedestrian detours. Pedestrians will be assisted by traffic control officers. Flaggers and traffic officers will be dispatched to strategic locations to facilitate traffic movement.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone. Temporary fencing will be erected to ensure public safety.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.