Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The work will include drilling of soil borings, groundwater monitoring well installation, testing and monitoring to gather further information about the geological conditions.
- East side of Comstock Ave., between Santa Monica Blvd. and Eastborne Ave.
- Santa Monica Blvd. between Comstock Ave. and Benecia Ave.
- East side of Benecia Ave. between Santa Monica Blvd. to just south of Missouri Ave.
- Beverly Glen Blvd., from Santa Monica Blvd. to Holman Ave.
- West side of Century Park West, between Santa Monica Blvd. and Constellation Blvd.
- North side of Wilkins Ave., between Thayer Ave. and Woodruff Ave.
- North side of Wilshire Blvd. east and west of Manning Ave.
- No. 1 lane and median on Wilshire Blvd. west of Selby Ave.
- Middle of Wilshire Blvd. approaching Gayley Ave.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes and businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes or stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.GOMETRO.
- Fieldwork: drilling, monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring
- June 13 to June 17, Monday thru Friday, 8:30AM-5:30PM
- June 18 to June 19, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
- Email: Purplelineext@metro.net
- Take the pledge to Eat, Shop, Play Wilshire! Click below to pledge your support or get more information at Purple Line Extension.