The design-builder anticipates Friday, June 9, as the date when jet grouting activities will continue on Wilshire Blvd. in new locations near the Wilshire Blvd./Highland Ave. intersection. The design-builder anticipates Friday, June 9, as the date when jet grouting activities will continue on Wilshire Blvd. in new locations near the Wilshire Blvd./Highland Ave. intersection. The jet grouting zone will be established in the center lane of Wilshire Blvd. using K-rail, fencing and sound blankets, as well as new road striping and traffic control. The work zone will be installed on Wilshire Blvd. between Mansfield Ave. and Highland Ave. and between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave. This work is being scheduled in the summer months during John Burroughs Middle School’s summer break.
Jet grouting is a construction process that uses high-pressure air and grout to create a deep soil-concrete block. The purpose of jet grouting is to reinforce and strengthen the soil with concrete to support tunneling. Each operation will take approximately 8 to 12 weeks.
The following traffic control measures will be in place near Wilshire Blvd./Crenshaw Blvd:
- Wilshire Blvd. restricted to two lanes in each direction between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave.
- Left turn restrictions will be enforced from driveways along Wilshire Blvd. between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave. Left turns from westbound Wilshire to southbound Highland will be restricted.
- Temporary parking restrictions on Wilshire Blvd. between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave. Left turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound Highland Ave. will be restricted, as will left turns from eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to Mansfield Ave., Citrus Ave., McCadden Pl. and Longwood Ave.
- Intermittent weekday and weekend off-peak hour closures will occur on Wilshire Blvd.
- Bus stops will be temporarily relocated in the area. Metro bus operations will announce the closures, add signage and publish detours.
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Metro 20/720 lines and Big Blue Bus service at Western Ave. will be impacted, as will eastbound and westbound bus stops between Plymouth Blvd. and Manhattan Pl. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
Santa Monica bus service information can be found here: https://www.bigbluebus.com/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|