Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The current work will include groundwater pump testing including a step drawdown for a period of about 6 to 8 hours and a continuous 24 to 48 hours (overnight) constant rate pump test.
Fieldwork: groundwater monitoring
When: May 23 through 26, 2016 (Weekdays and Weeknights)
Tuesday through Friday: 9:00AM-3:30PM and 9:00PM-5:00AM
Where: Bus lane eastbound Wilshire Bl east of Federal Av
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Ground vibration may be discernable for the periods of time that equipment is operating near a particular location
- Access to driveways, homes, and businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained through study zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the study zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.