Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The current work will include geophysical testing to gather further information about the geological conditions.
Fieldwork includes drilling, monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring
April 28 - May 5, Friday thru Friday; 9:00AM to 3:30PM
May 8 - May 12, 2016, Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 3:30PM
Where: Bus lane eastbound on Wilshire Bl east of Federal Av
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Ground vibration may be discernable for the periods of time that equipment is operating near a location
- Access to driveways, homes, and businesses will always be maintained unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained through study zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the study zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.