Beginning Friday, May 19 at 8pm thru Monday, May 22, at 6am there will be a full closure of the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection for street decking construction. This closure extends from 6th St. to 8th St. on Fairfax Ave. and from Crescent Heights Blvd. to Spaulding Ave. on Wilshire Blvd. On Friday, May 19 at 10am, Wilshire Blvd will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Spaulding to San Diego Way to support piling activities.
The concrete street decking will create a temporary roadway to allow work to proceed underground while traffic is maintained on the street. This operation requires full closures to safely remove and replace the street with new concrete panels within the intersection. Sidewalk access will be maintained on the north side of Wilshire, with intermittent sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours for the south side.
Detours and Local Access
- Local access is maintained on Wilshire Blvd. via collector north/south streets.
- Access to the 6120 – 6300 Wilshire Blvd., on Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Fairfax Ave., will be maintained via northbound Crescent Heights Blvd. Wilshire/Crescent Heights Blvd. will have a flagger to support local access. Northbound Fairfax will be accessible up to 8th St.
Closure points for traffic:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. at San Vicente Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at La Brea Ave.
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. at 6th St.
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. at 8th St.
- Ogden Dr. and Orange Grove Ave. closed at Wilshire Blvd.
The following detour will be in place for standard vehicles:
Westbound Wilshire Detour:
- Southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
Eastbound Wilshire Detour:
- Southbound La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to Eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
Northbound Fairfax Detour:
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound Olympic Ave. to northbound La Brea Ave. to westbound 6th St. to northbound Fairfax Ave.
Southbound Fairfax Detour:
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound 6th St. Ave. to southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to southbound Fairfax.
Bus Route Detours During Weekend Closures
- Northbound via Fairfax Ave. to eastbound on Olympic Blvd. to northbound on La Brea Ave. to westbound on 3rd St. to northbound on Fairfax Ave.
- Southbound via Fairfax Ave. to eastbound on 3rd St. to southbound on La Brea Ave. to westbound on Olympic Blvd. to southbound on Fairfax Ave.
- Eastbound via Wilshire Blvd. to southbound on La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound on La Brea Ave. to eastbound on Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound via Wilshire Blvd. to southbound at La Brea Blvd. to westbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Cienega Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
Buses will stop at all current bus stops along the detour route
AVTA buses will use Olympic Blvd. to circumvent the closure.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. Metro will post stop relocations and announce relocations and detours to riders.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|