Beginning Friday, June 16 at 8pm through Monday, June 19, at 6am there will be a full closure of the Wilshire Blvd. between Fairfax Ave. and Crescent Heights Blvd. Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane from Spaulding Dr. to San Diego Way starting at 9am on Friday, June 16. This lane reduction allows the contractor to accomplish nosier activities during daytime hours.
In addition, there will be intermittent lane reductions on southbound Fairfax and a sidewalk closure on the west side sidewalk of Fairfax Ave. (southbound side) to support decking of an appendage structure.
The concrete street decking will create a temporary roadway to allow work to proceed underground while traffic is maintained on the street. This operation requires full closures to safely remove and replace the street with new concrete panels within the intersection. Sidewalk access will be maintained on the north side of Wilshire, with intermittent sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours for the south side.
Detours and Local Access
- North side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk, west of Fairfax Ave. in front of Johnie,s Coffee Shop.
- West side of Fairfax Ave. sidewalk, south of Wilshire Blvd. adjacent to 6100 Wilshire Blvd.
- Local access is maintained on Wilshire Blvd. via collector north/south streets.
- Access to the 6100-6300 Wilshire Blvd., on Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Fairfax Ave., will be maintained via northbound Crescent Heights Blvd. Wilshire/Crescent Heights Blvd. will have a flagger to support local access. Northbound Fairfax will be accessible up to 8th St.
Closure points for traffic:
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. at San Vicente Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. at Fairfax Ave.
- Ogden Dr. and Orange Grove Ave. closed at Wilshire Blvd.
Alleyway west of Fairfax Ave. adjacent to the 99 cent store will be closed.
The following detour will be in place for standard vehicles:
Westbound Wilshire Detour:
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. to northbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
Eastbound Wilshire Detour:
- Southbound La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to Eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
Bus Route Detours During Weekend Closures
Westbound 20/720: All bus stops will be active between La Brea and Fairfax over this weekend
- Westbound via Wilshire Blvd. to southbound Fairfax Ave. to northbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Eastbound via Wilshire Blvd. to southbound on La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound on La Brea Ave. to eastbound on Wilshire Blvd.
Buses will stop at all current bus stops along the detour route
AVTA buses will use Olympic Blvd. to circumvent the closure.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. Metro will post stop relocations and announce relocations and detours to riders.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|