This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of October 2018, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Excavation and Hauling at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr.
- Hauling and excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. Haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Gale Dr. may be required to accommodate excavation activities.
- N. Gale Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. to accommodate excavation and hauling activities.*
Pavement Restoration at Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Dr.
- The removal of the work zone at Wilshire Bl./Stanley Dr. is anticipated to begin in early October. This removal will require lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. More information will be provided in additional construction notices.
- Westbound 720 Bus stop at Wilshire/La Cienega will be returned on Monday, October 8.
Instrumentation Work at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures and turn restrictions on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am) for instrumentation work.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures in the Wilshire/La Cienega area may be required to install monitoring equipment for the underground work. Additional details are provided in individual construction notices.
Utility Work and Street Maintenance at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am) in order to install utility access points. Further details about these closures will appear in subsequent construction notices.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!