This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of February 2019, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database.
Excavation and Hauling at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr.
- Hauling and excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. Haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Gale Dr. may be required to accommodate excavation activities.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support excavation activities in the Gale Staging Yard. Work hours in February may be increased to Monday through Friday, 6am to 6pm, and Saturday, 7am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.*
- *Pending approval from the City of Beverly Hills, regular work is anticipated to occur on President’s Day, February 18, 2019.
Instrumentation Work at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd,
- Intermittent lane closures and turn restrictions on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday) for instrumentation work.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures in the Wilshire/La Cienega area may be required to install monitoring equipment for the underground work. Additional details are provided in individual construction notices.
Utility Work and Street Maintenance at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday) to support maintenance work and the installation of utility access points. Additional details are provided in individual construction notices.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!