This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of November 2017, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple
Decking at Wilshire/La Cienega through November
- Decking activities will continue in the La Cienega Staging yard.
- Northbound La Cienega Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes between Gregory Way and just north Wilshire Blvd. through November.
- Eastside La Cienega Blvd. sidewalk just north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed intermittently through mid-November as well as intermittent closures of the north side Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamilton Dr.
- During eleven weekends November 2017 – February 2018, skipping major holidays, there will be full weekend closures of the Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. More details at: metro.net/purple
Jet Grouting at Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd.
- Jet grouting, which is soil improvement for the station construction and tunneling, will occur within the existing closure on Wilshire Blvd. near Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd. The work hours for jet grouting are 7am-10pm.
- Right turns from southbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. will continue to be restricted during weekend decking closures and intermittently during the weekdays from 7am-10pm through November to support jet grouting.
Geotechnical Instrumentation and Dewatering Well Work
- Installation and maintenance of instruments and dewatering wells on the north and south side sidewalks of Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. 5’ sidewalk access maintained or closures may be implemented on weekdays, from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am, and weekends 6pm-8am.
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on N. Hamilton Dr., N. Gale Dr. and La Cienega Blvd. Weekday and weekend work hours are 7am-10pm.
Phase 3 Wilshire Blvd. Weekend Closures, November 2017 to February 2018
- During weekends November thru February, from Friday, at 8pm thru Monday, at 6am there will be full closures of the Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. Work activities include decking, piling, and jet grouting. Local access is maintained to Wilshire Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. via local streets.
- Please note: There will be no weekend decking closure over Veteran’s Day Weekend, Nov 10-13.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. closed at Robertson Blvd. Local Access to Wilshire Blvd. is maintained from local streets between Robertson Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. closed at San Vicente Blvd. Local access to Wilshire maintained from Tower Dr., Gale Dr. and Hamilton Dr.
- Hamilton Dr. closed at Wilshire, Gale Dr. closed at Wilshire Blvd.
- Northside Wilshire sidewalk will be closed between La Cienega and Hamilton Dr.
For more information, including detour maps, please visit: metro.net/purple/decking
Upcoming Community Meetings
Tuesday, November 8, 2017: La Cienega and Rodeo Station Monthly Update Meeting
Wednesday, November 16, 2017: Section 1 Construction Community Meeting
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|