This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of September 2017, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. To receive future notices by email, please sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piling and Support Activities
- Piling and support activities will continue behind the closure on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. Work will occur weekdays and weekends from 7am-10pm and 10pm-7am as needed for quieter activities (support work and deliveries).
- Sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd., and the east side of La Cienega Blvd. will continue. Extended closures of sidewalks will be implemented as needed. Work hours on weekdays are from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am.
- Intermittent and extended closures of N. Gale Dr. and N. Hamilton Dr. at Wilshire Blvd. continue on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 7am-10pm
- Pile support activities, such as deliveries and utility work. Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane intermittently between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd.
- Right turns from southbound San Vicente Blvd. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. will continue to be restricted through September. This closure is to support pile activities at Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd.
- Over the first two weekends of September, 9/8, 9/15, piling and associated activities will require full closures of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. La Cienega Blvd. will have lane reductions. More details below.*
Decking at the La Cienega Staging Yard, Wilshire/La Cienega Intersection Decking Early October
- Decking activities will continue in the La Cienega Staging yard.
- Northbound La Cienega Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes between Gregory Way and just north Wilshire Blvd. through September.
- Eastside La Cienega Blvd. sidewalk just north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed intermittently through September. Intermittent closures of the north side Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamilton Dr.
- During four weekends in October, there will be full closures of the Wilshire/La Cienega intersection for decking construction. More details at: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline1_LaCienegaDecking/
Geotechnical Instrumentation and Dewatering Well Work
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on the north and south side sidewalks of Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. 5’ sidewalk access maintained or closures may be implemented on weekdays, from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am, and weekends 6pm-8am.
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on N. Hamilton, N. Gale. and La Cienega Blvd. Weekday and weekend work hours 7am-10pm.
*Phase 1 Wilshire Blvd. Weekend Closures, September 8-11 and September 15-18
Over the weekends of Sept. 8-11, and Sept. 15-18, from Friday, at 8pm thru Monday, at 6am there will be full closures of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. Work activities include piling and preparation for jet grouting and decking. Sidewalk access will be maintained along the south side of Wilshire Blvd. with intermittent sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours along the north side of Wilshire Blvd. Local access is maintained to Wilshire Blvd. via collector north/south streets. Traffic control for the closure includes:
- Eastbound Wilshire closed at Robertson Blvd. Local Access to Wilshire Blvd. is maintained between Robertson Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. closed at San Vicente Blvd.
- Hamilton Dr. closed at Wilshire Blvd. – access from southbound San Vicente Blvd. or northbound Gregory Way.
- Gale Dr. closed at Wilshire Blvd. – access from southbound San Vicente Blvd. or northbound Gregory Way.
- The primary detour will utilize San Vicente Blvd. to Burton Way to Robertson Blvd. with traffic officers at major intersections to assist traffic flow. Below is the detour map.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|