This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of April 2018, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple
Excavation, Hauling and Utility Hanging
- Hauling and excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. Haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamilton or Hamilton to Gale Dr. may be required to accommodate excavation activities.
- N. Gale Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. to accommodate excavation and hauling activities.
- Utility hanging and underground support will continue from the existing work zone on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd.
Utility Work on the North Side of Wilshire Blvd.
- The sidewalk closure on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Hamilton Dr. is anticipated through mid-April.
- A sidewalk closure on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk between Hamilton Dr. and Gale Dr. is anticipated in the second half of April.
- Signed pedestrian detours will be installed for pedestrian safety. Access to 8447 Wilshire Blvd. and 8423 Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained.
- N. Hamilton Dr. is anticipated to be closed at Wilshire Blvd. April 2-April 16. Access to 8447 Wilshire and 8423 Wilshire will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. `
- Intermittent closures to S. Hamilton Dr. at Wilshire Bl. may be required for Southern California Edison work. Access to S. Hamilton Dr. would remain available from Gregory Way.
- Westbound Wilshire Bl will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Hamilton Dr. and Le Doux Dr., 8pm-6am. This work will take 1-2 nights to complete and is anticipated to occur in April to support Southern California Edison.
Staging Yard Updates
- Assembly and installation of an 885 Liebherr crane in the Wilshire/Gale staging yard is anticipated to occur in the first week of April.
- The Wilshire/Gale staging yard bump-out onto the Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk between Gale Dr. and Hamilton Dr. is scheduled to start in Mid-April. Five feet of sidewalk access adjacent to the yard will be maintained.
- Curb and storm drain work on the west side of N. Gale Dr. at Wilshire Bl. is anticipated to occur starting in mid-April under the current intermittent N. Gale Dr. closure.
- Ventilation equipment will continue to be modified in the Wilshire/La Cienega yard. This ventilation equipment services the construction workers who work underground, beneath Wilshire Blvd. under the deck panels.
Jet Grouting work in The City of Los Angeles
- Jet grouting work on Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and Crescent Heights Blvd. is planned to continue in April.
- This work will require eastbound Wilshire lane reductions between Gale Dr. and San Vicente Blvd. from 9am–3:30pm weekdays and intermittently on weekends through April.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!