This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of June 2018, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple
Excavation and Hauling
- Hauling and excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. Haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Gale Dr. may be required to accommodate excavation activities.
- N. Gale Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. to accommodate excavation and hauling activities.
Jet Grouting and New Work Zone West of La Cienega Blvd.
- Starting June 16, a new work zone with concrete barriers, fencing, and sound blankets will be installed on Wilshire Blvd. between Le Doux Rd. and Carson Rd. This work zone will be installed using a westbound directional closure of Wilshire Blvd. at San Vicente Blvd. and at La Cienega Blvd. from June 15 at 8pm – June 17 at 6am. *Pending City of Beverly Hills approval. For more information go to metro.net/purple.
- This new work zone is anticipated to be in place for 4 – 5 months and will reduce Wilshire Blvd. to two lanes in each direction between Le Doux Rd. and Carson Rd. Left turns will be restricted from Wilshire Blvd. to Stanley Dr. and Le Doux Rd. Left turns and through movements will be restricted from Stanley Dr. and Le Doux Rd. at Wilshire Blvd. Metered parking will be temporarily restricted and bus zones in this area will be relocated during this time.
- Weekend directional closures of Wilshire Blvd. in the Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Robertson Blvd. areas are anticipated to begin in late-June. More information on these closures will be provided in additional construction notices.
Work Zone Removal
- The existing work zone on Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. will be removed on the weekend of June 15 – June 17.
- Metro will reinstall an eastbound 20/720 bus stop at La Cienega Blvd. and an eastbound 20 bus stop at Gale Dr. Metro will install westbound 20 bus zone on Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and Gale Dr.
Utility Work on the North Side of Wilshire Blvd.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Gale Dr. are anticipated to continue through mid-June.
- Signed pedestrian detours will be installed for pedestrian safety. Access to 8447 Wilshire Blvd. and 8423 Wilshire Blvd. will be maintained.
- Intermittent closures of N. Hamilton Dr. will continue through mid-June to support utility work.
Jet Grouting in City of Los Angeles
- Jet grouting work on Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Jolla Ave. is planned to continue in June.
- This work will require eastbound Wilshire lane reductions between Gale Dr. and San Vicente Blvd. from 9am-3:30pm weekdays and intermittently on weekends through June.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!