This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of July 2017, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. To receive future notices by email, please sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piling and Support Activities
- Piling and support activities will continue behind the closure on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. Work will occur weekdays and weekends from 7am-10pm and 10pm-7am as needed for quieter activities (support work and deliveries).
- Sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd., and the east side of La Cienega Blvd. will continue. Extended closures of sidewalks will be implemented as needed. Work hours on weekdays are from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am.
- Intermittent and extended closures of N. Gale Dr. and N. Hamilton Dr. at Wilshire Blvd. continue on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 7am-10pm
- Weekday and weekend lane reductions on La Cienega Blvd. for pile activities continue. Northbound La Cienega Blvd. will be reduced to one lane on weekends between Gregory Way and Wilshire Blvd.
Additional closure details and detours will be published prior to closure.
- Pile support activities, such as deliveries and utility work: Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane intermittently between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd.
Geotechnical Instrumentation and Dewatering Well Work
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on the north and south side sidewalks of Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. 5’ sidewalk access maintained or closures may be implemented on weekdays, from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am, and weekends 6pm-8am.
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on S. Hamilton Dr., S. Gale Dr. and S. Tower Dr. Weekday and weekend work hours 7am-10pm.
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on La Cienega Blvd. Northbound and southbound La Cienega Blvd. reduced intermittently between Gregory Way and Clifton Way.
Driveway Installation for Staging Yards on Wilshire Blvd., Sound Wall Construction, and Potholing/Piling at the La Cienega and Gale Staging Yards
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. and east side of La Cienega Blvd. just north of Wilshire Blvd. Weekdays and weekends, 7am-6pm, 6pm-7am as needed.
- Northbound La Cienega Blvd. reduced to two lanes north of Wilshire Blvd. Weekdays and weekends, 7am-6pm, 6pm-7am as needed.
*Note: Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval with the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. Metro stops in the La Cienega area have been relocated to Wilshire/Stanley and Wilshire/La Jolla. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
Train service will be replaced by bus shuttles on two stretches of the Expo Line this month in order for maintenance and repair work to be performed on overhead wires, track and communications equipment. Click for more info.
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|