This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of February 2018, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple
Excavation, Hauling and Utility Hanging
- Hauling and Excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. The haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- The staging yards at Wilshire/Gale will see modifications such as the addition and use of driveways on Wilshire Blvd., new banner placement, and installation of ventilation equipment.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Gale Dr. may be required to accommodate excavation activities.
- N. Gale Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. to accommodate excavation and hauling activities. Work hours will be provided in the weekly construction notices.
- Utility hanging and underground support will continue from the existing work zone on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd.
Geotechnical Instrumentation and Dewatering Well Work
- Installation and maintenance of instruments and dewatering wells on the north and south sidewalks of Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. 5-foot sidewalk access will be maintained or intermittent closures may be implemented on weekdays, from 7am–4pm and 8pm–7am, and weekends 8am–6pm. Pedestrian detour signs will be installed.
- Installation and maintenance of instruments and dewatering wells on Hamilton Dr. and Gale Dr. may occur. Weekday and weekend work hours are 7am–10pm.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!