This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of August 2018, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. Please sign-up at metro.net/purple.
Excavation and Hauling at Wilshire Bl./La Cienega Bl. and Wilshire Bl./Gale Dr.
- Hauling and excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. Haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and Gale Dr. may be required to accommodate excavation activities.
- N. Gale Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. to accommodate excavation and hauling activities.*
Jet Grouting at Wilshire Bl./Stanley Dr.
- A work zone with concrete barriers, fencing, and sound blankets has been installed on Wilshire Blvd. between Le Doux Rd. and Carson Rd. This work zone is anticipated to be in place for 4 – 5 months.
- This work zone reduces Wilshire Blvd. to two lanes in each direction between Le Doux Rd. and Carson Rd. Left turns are restricted from Wilshire Blvd. to Stanley Dr. and Le Doux Rd. Left turns and through movements are restricted from Stanley Dr. and Le Doux Rd. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Metered parking will be temporarily restricted and bus zones in this area will be relocated during this time.
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction intermittently between Hamilton Dr. and Willaman Rd. during non-rush hour times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am).
- Weekend directional closures of Wilshire Blvd. in the Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Robertson Blvd. areas will continue in August 2018. This includes full closures to the eastbound and westbound directions on Wilshire Blvd. (not concurrently) and lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. More information on these closures will be provided in additional construction notices at metro.net/purple.
Instrumentation Work at Wilshire Bl./La Cienega Bl.
- Intermittent lane closures and turn restrictions on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. are anticipated during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am) for instrumentation work.
- Further details about these closures will appear in subsequent construction notices.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!