This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of October 2019, pending City of Beverly Hills approval. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email through the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database.
Excavation and Hauling at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr.
- Hauling and excavation will continue at the Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards. Haul routes are limited to Wilshire Blvd., La Cienega Blvd., major arterials, and interstate highways.
- Hauling hours are anticipated to increase as excavation progresses underneath Wilshire Blvd. Anticipated work hours are 6am to 5:30pm, and 7pm to 10pm, Monday through Saturday.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support excavation activities in the Gale Staging Yard. Work hours are Monday through Saturday, 6am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.*
Concrete and Material Deliveries at Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. *
- Concrete and material deliveries to the Wilshire/La Cienega Station are anticipated to begin in October 2019.
- This traffic control will be in place to support the construction of the ground floor of the Wilshire/La Cienega Station Box.
- Between 7am and 4pm, Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to two lanes in each direction.
- Between 10pm and 7am, Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Left turns from Wilshire Blvd. to side streets may be restricted during these lane restrictions.
- Metro and the design-builder have requested to begin night work hours at 8pm instead of 10pm. This will allow many of the noisier activities to be completed earlier.
- Closures are anticipated to be in place 5 to 7 days per week, as needed.
Cross Passage Survey Work at Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Dr.
- Wilshire Blvd. between Hamilton Dr. and Willaman Dr. will be reduced to fewer than three lanes in each direction to support cross passage investigation work in the Wilshire/Stanley area.
- Friday, October 4: Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between Carson Rd. and La Cienega Blvd. Left turn movements from Wilshire Blvd. onto Stanley Dr. will be restricted.
- Saturday & Sunday, October 5 – 6, 12 – 13, & 19 - 20: Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. between Willaman Dr. and Le Doux Dr. will be reduced to one lane. Westbound Wilshire Blvd. between Hamilton Dr. and Stanley Dr. will be reduced to one lane.
- Note: Eastbound and westbound traffic control will not be implemented simultaneously.
Instrumentation Work, Utility Work, and Street Maintenance at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday).
- The Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. intersection may experience lane reductions in the month of October to support the installation of geotechnical instrumentation. Additional details on this work will be available in future construction notices.
Upcoming City of Los Angeles Work
- Some upcoming Purple Line Extension work along Wilshire Blvd. between Fairfax Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. may require traffic control that could stretch into the City of Beverly Hills. This upcoming work includes, but is not limited to, instrumentation installation, soil improvements, and magnetic surveying.
- Information on this work and the resulting traffic control will be available in future construction notices.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!