This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of April 2020, pending City of Beverly Hills approval.* As part of the State, County, and applicable City orders specific to the COVID-19 response, Metro construction activities are currently included as “Essential” activities. Therefore, construction activities are continuing as permitted by the local jurisdiction.
Station Construction at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support construction activities in the Gale Staging Yard. Work hours are Monday through Saturday, 4am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.*
- Work hours within the La Cienega and Gale Staging Yards, and on Wilshire Blvd., are anticipated to continue 24 hours a day.
Concrete and Material Deliveries at Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. *
- Concrete and material deliveries to the Wilshire/La Cienega Station are expected to continue in April 2020. The frequency of these work activities is anticipated to continue daily.
- Work activities are expected to transition into the Gale staging yard in the first week of April.
- Initial concrete placements may require traffic control on Wilshire Blvd. Additional details on specific lane reductions will be available in future construction notices.
Instrumentation Work, Utility Work, and Street Maintenance at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd.
- Intermittent lane closures, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures on La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 3:30pm, 8pm to 6am Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday).
- Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and Stanley Dr. may experience lane reductions in the month of April to support the installation of geotechnical instrumentation. Additional details regarding this work will be available in future construction notices.
- Eastbound 20/720 bus stop on Wilshire at La Cienega will be restored as of March 27, 2020.
Upcoming City of Los Angeles Work
- Some upcoming Purple Line Extension work along Wilshire Blvd. between Fairfax Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. may require traffic control that could stretch into the City of Beverly Hills. This upcoming work includes, but is not limited to, instrumentation installation, soil improvements, and magnetic surveying.
- Information on this work and the resulting traffic control will be available in future construction notices.
*Work has received necessary permits and approvals or are pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
The 720 bus stop at Wilshire Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. has been temporarily relocated to Willaman Dr. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!