March 8, 2017
Due to continued utility work on Wilshire Blvd. within the construction zone, decking* for the Wilshire/Fairfax station will be postponed for this weekend, March 10-13, 2017. Wilshire Blvd. will NOT be closed at Fairfax Ave. and there will not be any detours for traffic or Metro buses this weekend.
Construction will occur behind k-rail and within the Ogden staging yard and there will be no lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. Orange Grove Ave. and Ogden Dr. may be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd.
*The decking will create a temporary roadway to allow work to proceed underground while traffic is maintained on the street. This operation requires full closures to safely remove and replace the street with new concrete panels. Sidewalk access will be maintained on the north side of Wilshire Blvd., with intermittent sidewalk closures and pedestrian detours for the south side.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|