Starting Wednesday, March 1 to Friday, March 31, pre-piling work will occur on S. Gale Dr. and S. Hamilton Dr. and will require intermittent closures of these streets at Wilshire Blvd. The closures are necessary to safely perform this operation. Work will proceed from east to west, starting on S. Gale Dr. followed by S. Hamilton Dr. Piling operations will follow at these locations in coming months, after advance construction notification. This work will involve the following traffic control measures:
- S.Gale Dr. and S.Hamilton Dr. closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. on the south side, partial and full closures on weekdays from 7am - 10pm, and on weekends from 7am - 4pm and 6pm - 8am.
- Sidewalks on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between Gale Dr. and Hamilton Dr. will be closed intermittently on weekdays from 7am - 4pm and 8pm - 7am, and on weekends from 7am - 4pm and
6pm - 8am. These closures will be coordinated with events at The Saban Theatre.
- Driveway access for US Renal Care will be maintained at Wilshire Blvd. when possible, or flagger will assist traffic at driveway on S.Gale Dr.
- Crosswalk on the south leg of Wilshire Blvd./S.Gale Dr. will be closed intermittently, and remain open when possible.
Note: Additional construction notices will be published with further details prior to start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. Metro stops in the La Cienega area have been relocated to Wilshire/Stanley and Wilshire/La Jolla. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
Train service will be replaced by bus shuttles on two stretches of the Expo Line this month in order for maintenance and repair work to be performed on overhead wires, track and communications equipment. Click for more info.
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|