The Purple Line Extension, Section 1 construction is well underway at the future La Cienega Station. Since January 2017, the design-build contractor has removed a median at Wilshire/ San Vicente and installed concrete barriers (k-rail) on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. to support pre-piling activities. This monthly notification is an outline of construction activities for the month of May 2017. Additional notices detailing these activities will be sent by email thru the Purple Line Extension, Section 1 database. To receive future notices by email, please sign up at email@example.com.
Piling and Support Activities: April 28 – May 31
- Piling and support activities behind the closure on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. Weekdays and weekends from 7am-10pm.
- Intermittent Gale Dr. and Hamilton Dr. closed at Wilshire Blvd. on the south side, partial and full closures. Weekdays from 7am-10pm
- Weekday and weekend lane reductions on La Cienega Blvd. for pot holing. Closure details and detours published prior to closure.
- Pile support activities, such as deliveries and utility work. Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane intermittently between San Vicente Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. Weekdays from 8pm-7am and weekends from 6pm-8am.
- Sidewalk closures on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between Tower Dr. and La Cienega Blvd. Weekdays from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am, and weekends from 6pm-8am.*
- Access to Wilshire Blvd. driveway for the Renal Care facility closed intermittently; flagger will assist traffic at entrance on Gale Dr. Details provided in site-specific notifications and signage.
Jet Grouting at Wilshire/Tower: April 28 –May 31
- S. Tower Dr. closed at Wilshire Blvd. starting mid-April – June to support jet grout construction. Details provided as work progresses. Work hours are 7am-10pm, weekdays and weekends.
Geotechnical Instrumentation and Dewatering Well Work: April 28 –May 31
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on the north and south side sidewalks of Wilshire Blvd. between Tower Dr. and La Cienega Blvd. Five feet of sidewalk access will be maintained or closures may be implemented on weekdays, from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am, and weekends 6pm-8am.*
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on S. Hamilton Dr., S. Gale Dr. and S. Tower Dr. Weekday and weekend work hours 7am-10pm, with extended closures as needed.
- Installation of instruments and dewatering wells on La Cienega Blvd. Northbound and southbound La Cienega Blvd. reduced intermittently between Gregory Way and Clifton Way.
Banner Installation: April 28 –May 31
- Sidewalks closures surrounding staging yards on La Cienega Blvd., Wilshire Blvd., and Gale Dr. to support banner installation. Weekdays from 7am-4pm and 8pm-7am, and weekends from 7am-4pm and 6pm-8am.*
Driveway Installation, Sound Wall Construction, and Potholing/Piling at the La Cienega staging Yard: April 28 – May 31
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on the east side of La Cienega Blvd. just north of Wilshire Blvd. Weekdays and weekends, 7am-6pm, 6pm-7am as needed.*
- Northbound La Cienega Blvd. reduced to two lanes north of Wilshire Blvd. Weekdays and weekends, 7am-6pm, 6pm-7am as needed.
*Sidewalk closures and detour signage will be in place
Note: Additional construction notices will be published with further details prior to the start of major activities.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. Metro stops in the La Cienega area have been relocated to Wilshire/Stanley and Wilshire/La Jolla.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
Train service will be replaced by bus shuttles on two stretches of the Expo Line this month in order for maintenance and repair work to be performed on overhead wires, track and communications equipment. Click for more info.
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|