Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Excavation and Utility Work
- North side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk is closed between Manhattan Pl. and Western Ave. in front of the construction staging yard. Access to businesses is maintained and a signed pedestrian detour is installed.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. Northbound Manhattan Pl. will be closed at Wilshire Blvd., Monday through Saturday, 9am to 3:30pm.
- Eastbound Wilshire Bl. will be reduced intermittently to one lane between Wilton Pl. and Western Ave., Wednesday through Thursday 9am to 3:30pm. Access to driveways between Wilton Pl. and Western Ave. will be maintained.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. and Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. – Tunneling Preparation
- Hauling, deliveries and concrete work continue at the Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. staging yards. Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues.
- Set up of tunnelling support equipment at the Wilshire/La Brea staging yards continues.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be closed between La Brea Ave. and Detroit Ave. from Tuesday at 9pm to Wednesday at 6am. Left and right turns from La Brea Ave. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be temporarily restricted. The detour for westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be: La Brea Ave., 6th St., and Fairfax Ave. Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will remain open but reduced to one lane between Detroit St. and La Brea Ave.
- The north side of Wilshire Bl. sidewalk between La Brea Ave. and Detroit St. will be temporarily closed from Tuesday/Wednesday night from 9pm-6am. A signed pedestrian detour will be installed.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Excavation and Hauling
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. Monday through Friday, 7am to 11pm to support hauling.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Dr. – Excavation, Hauling and Jet Grouting Preparation
- Excavation continues from the construction staging yards at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Work hours are 7am to 5pm, 8pm to 6am, Monday through Friday.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd.
- Jet grouting preparation continues at the work zone at Wilshire Bl./Stanley Dr. Monday through Friday, 7am to 10pm.
- Wilshire Bl. will be intermittently reduced to one lane in each direction between Carson Rd. and La Cienega Blvd. during non-rush hour times (9am to 4pm, 8pm to 10pm).
- Full eastbound directional closures and lane reductions on Wilshire Bl. will continue the weekends of 7/21 and 7/28. Click here for additional information on detours, local access, and work hours.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!