Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Excavation, Concrete and Street Maintenance
- Northbound Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Friday, 7am to 11pm, and Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Access to businesses is maintained, and a signed pedestrian detour is installed. This closure is a public safety measure while tunneling continues.
- Intermittent single-lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. may be in place to support construction activities. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work hours will remain extended at the Western Staging Yard. Click here for more information.
- Tunnel segment deliveries to the Wilshire/Western Retrieval Shaft have begun.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire/Sycamore – Hauling, Deliveries, and Tunneling Support
- Hauling and deliveries to and from both La Brea Yards will continue as tunneling progresses underneath Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 6am to 4pm and 7pm to 2am, Monday to Saturday.
- Intermittent lane closures to Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Highland Ave. and Detroit St. may be in place to support construction activities. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues. The center opening supports station construction under Wilshire Blvd:
- Through traffic at Sycamore Ave. may be restricted to support truck staging at the center opening. Right turns onto Wilshire will not be restricted. Work hours are 7am to 4pm and 8pm to 6am, Monday through Friday, and 7am to 11pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Eastbound or westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Sycamore Ave. and Mansfield Ave. to support material deliveries. These closures are anticipated to occur 1 to 2 times per week, Monday to Friday from 9am to 3:30pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7am to 11pm.
Wilshire Blvd./Rimpau Blvd. – Center Enclosure, Material Deliveries, and Cross Passage Construction
- The work zone on the west side of the Wilshire/Rimpau intersection is anticipated to be in place for 10 to 12 months.
- Wilshire Blvd. between Muirfield Rd. and June St. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Click here for more information.
Wilshire Blvd. and Side Streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. – Instrumentation, Environmental Testing and Street Maintenance
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. may be in place to support instrumentation installation, environmental testing, and street maintenance. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11pm, Saturday to Sunday.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Excavation, Hauling, and Station Construction
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Saturday, 24 hours a day to support construction.
- Intermittent lane closures may be in place to support deck panel maintenance and investigations in the Wilshire/Fairfax Station area. Anticipated work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, and 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
- Orange Grove Ave. will continue to be closed south of Wilshire Blvd. to 8th St. Access for residents will be maintained. The closure is anticipated to be in place until June 2020.
Wilshire Blvd./Crescent Heights Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./La Jolla Blvd. – Utility and Tunnel Investigation
- Tunnel investigation work at Wilshire Blvd. and La Jolla Ave. will continue this week. This work will take place at night from 8pm to 6am. The traffic control to support this work will be single lane closures along Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Heights Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. – Excavation, Hauling, Instrumentation and Concrete Work
- Excavation continues from the construction staging yards at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Work hours are typically 6am to 1am, Monday to Saturday.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support excavation activities in the Gale Staging Yard. Work hours will be Monday through Saturday, 6am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Hauling hours are anticipated to increase as excavation continues under Wilshire Blvd. The work hours will be 6am to 5:30pm, and 7pm to 10pm.
- Concrete and material deliveries to the Wilshire/La Cienega Station box are anticipated to begin in early October. Click here for more information on the work and the expected traffic control.
- Concrete deliveries to the station box are anticipated to begin this weekend, on Saturday, October 12. Click here for more information.
- Intermittent lane reductions, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures may be in place to support instrumentation work, road and utility maintenance.
- The investigation work at Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Ave. will continue this weekend. Click here for more information.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!