Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Excavation, Concrete and Street Maintenance
- The north side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk is closed between Manhattan Pl. and Western Ave. in front of the construction staging yard. Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Tuesday through Friday, 7am to 11pm, and Saturday through Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Access to businesses is maintained and a signed pedestrian detour is installed. These closures are public safety measures while the excavation advances.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. Tuesday through, Friday, 9am to 3:30pm, and Saturday through Sunday, 8am to 6pm.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire/Sycamore – Tunneling Preparation and Support
- Deliveries and tunnel preparation continue at the Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. staging yards. Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues. These activities are to support the tunneling under Wilshire Blvd.
- Ventilation fans at the La Brea Staging Yard are expected to continuously operate in order to support tunneling under Wilshire Blvd.
- Hauling and deliveries to both La Brea Ave. construction yards are expected to increase as tunneling continues underneath Wilshire Blvd.
- The Detroit St. gate is expected to be in use to support grout deliveries for tunnel construction. Grout delivery trucks will exit onto Detroit St. and continue north towards Wilshire Blvd.
- From Tuesday, November 13, through Friday, November 16, intermittent lane reductions on La Brea Ave. at Wilshire Blvd. will be in place from 8pm to 6am to support storm drain lining repair work. Additional details are provided in this construction notice.
Wilshire Blvd. and Side Streets between Western Ave. and Fairfax Ave. – Instrumentation, Environmental Testing and Street Maintenance
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Western Ave. and Fairfax Ave. are anticipated as tunneling work continues under Wilshire Blvd.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Excavation and Hauling
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., Tuesday through Friday, 7am to 11pm to support hauling.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. – Excavation, Hauling, Instrumentation and Street Restoration
- Excavation continues from the construction staging yards at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Work hours are typically 7am to 11pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd., Tuesday through Friday, 7am to 4pm, and Saturday 7am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Intermittent lane reductions, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 4pm, 8pm to 6am) for instrumentation work, road and utility maintenance.
- Additional ventilation fans are expected to become operational at the La Cienega staging yard as excavation continues.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!