Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Excavation, Concrete and Street Maintenance
- The north side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk is closed between Manhattan Pl. and Western Ave. in front of the construction staging yard. Northbound Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Friday, 7am to 11pm, and Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Access to businesses is maintained, and a signed pedestrian detour is installed. These closures are public safety measures while the excavation advances.
- Intermittent single lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. may be in place to support excavation activities. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire/Sycamore – Tunneling Preparation and Support
- Deliveries and tunnel preparation continue at the Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. staging yards. Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues. These activities are to support tunnelling under Wilshire Blvd.
- Through Friday, January 25, westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Sycamore Ave. and Mansfield Ave. to support material deliveries.
- Through Friday, January 25, eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will also be intermittently reduced to one lane between Sycamore Ave. and Mansfield Ave. to support deliveries.
- These closures are anticipated to occur 1 to 2 times per week, Monday to Friday from 9am to 3:30pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7am to 11pm.
- Ventilation fans at the La Brea Staging Yard are expected to continuously operate in order to support tunneling under Wilshire Blvd.
- Hauling from and deliveries to both La Brea Ave. construction yards are expected to increase as tunneling continues.
- The Detroit St. gate is expected to be in use to support grout deliveries for tunnel construction. Grout delivery trucks will exit onto Detroit St. and continue north towards Wilshire Blvd.
- Continuing until Friday, January 25, through movements and left turns from Sycamore Ave. will be restricted at Wilshire Blvd. to support deliveries to the center opening work zone. Anticipated work hours are 7am to 4pm and 8pm to 6am, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11pm on weekends. These restrictions will allow pouring of concrete walls in the La Brea Station.
Wilshire Blvd. and Side Streets between Western Ave. and Fairfax Ave. – Instrumentation, Environmental Testing and Street Maintenance
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Western Ave. and Fairfax Ave. may be in place to support instrumentation installation, environmental testing, and street maintenance as tunneling work continues under Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11pm, Saturday to Sunday.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Excavation and Hauling
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Friday, 7am to 11pm to support hauling.
- On Monday, January 14, Orange Grove Ave. will be closed south of Wilshire Blvd. from 9am to 5pm to support maintenance of the sound wall surrounding the Ogden Dr. construction yard. Turn movements from Wilshire Blvd. onto southbound Orange Grove Ave. will be restricted. Access to the Petersen Museum will be maintained from 8th St.
- Intermittent single lane closures may be in place to support deck panel maintenance in the Fairfax station area. Anticipated work hours are 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
- Intermittent single lane closures may be in place to support concrete pours in the Fairfax station area. Anticipated work hours are 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. – Excavation, Hauling, Instrumentation and Street Restoration
- Excavation continues from the construction staging yards at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Work hours are typically 7am to 11pm, Monday to Saturday.
- N Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support excavation activities in the Gale Staging Yard. Work hours are anticipated to be Monday through Saturday, 5:30am to 4pm. Access to N Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Intermittent lane reductions, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 4pm, 8pm to 6am) for instrumentation work, road and utility maintenance.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!