Wilshire Blvd. /Western Ave. – Excavation, Concrete and Street Maintenance
- The north side of Wilshire Blvd. sidewalk is closed between Manhattan Pl. and Western Ave. in front of the construction staging yard. Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Monday through Friday, 7am to 5pm. Access to businesses is maintained and a signed pedestrian detour is installed.
- Work hours at the Wilshire/Manhattan Pl. staging yard will be from 7am to 11pm, weekdays, starting Wednesday, September 5 and continuing through Friday, September 28 to complete concrete activities associated with excavation. Ventilation fans must run during these work periods.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. Monday through Friday, 9am to 3:30pm.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire/Sycamore – Tunneling Preparation
- Deliveries and tunnel preparation continue at the Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave. staging yards. Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues. These activities are to support the launch of two tunnel boring machines, which is scheduled for October 2018.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. may be reduced to one lane between Detroit St. and La Brea Ave. on Thursday or Friday night. Work hours will be from 8pm to 6am.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Excavation and Hauling
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd. Monday through Friday, 7am to 4pm, to support hauling. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd., Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Dr. – Excavation, Hauling, Street Maintenance and Jet Grouting Activities
- Excavation continues from the construction staging yards at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Work hours are 7am to 5pm, 8pm to 6am, Monday through Saturday.
- N Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm. Access to N Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Removal of jet grouting work zone continues at Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Dr. Monday through Friday, 7am to 10pm.
- Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane in each direction between Carson Rd. and La Cienega Blvd. during non-rush hour times (9am to 4pm, 8pm to 10pm).
- On Monday, September 24 through Friday, September 28 there will be street maintenance work on Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. Work hours are 8pm to 1am. Street maintenance occurs periodically along the construction alignment.
- On Saturday, September 29 to Sunday, September 30 there will be a closure to westbound Wilshire Blvd. at La Cienega Blvd. to support street restoration. This closure is to allow street restoration at the jet grouting work zone on Wilshire Blvd. For more information regarding work hours, detours, and local access, click here.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!