Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Excavation, Concrete and Street Maintenance
- Northbound Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Friday, 7am to 11pm, and Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Access to businesses is maintained, and a signed pedestrian detour is installed. This closure is a public safety measure while construction continues.
- Intermittent single lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. may be in place to support construction. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work activities are expected to increase at the Western Staging Yard starting in June 2019. Tunnel support, excavation, and hauling activities will begin as soon as the TBM reaches the Western Retrieval Shaft. Click here for additional information.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire/Sycamore – Hauling, Deliveries, and Tunneling Support
- Hauling and deliveries to and from both La Brea Yards will continue as tunneling progresses underneath Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 6am to 4pm and 7pm to 2am, Monday to Saturday.
- Intermittent lane closures to Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Highland Ave. and Detroit St. may be in place to support construction activities. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues. These activities are to support tunneling under Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Sycamore Ave. and Mansfield Ave. to support material deliveries.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be intermittently reduced to one lane between Sycamore Ave. and Mansfield Ave. to support material deliveries.
- These closures are anticipated to occur 1 to 2 times per week, Monday to Friday from 9am to 3:30pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 7am to 11pm.
Wilshire Blvd. and Side Streets between Western Ave. and Fairfax Ave. – Instrumentation, Environmental Testing and Street Maintenance
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. may be in place to support instrumentation installation, environmental testing, and street maintenance. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11pm, Saturday to Sunday.
- Intermittent single lane closures will be in place Monday to Friday, at various locations along Wilshire Blvd., to support restoration activities near monitoring well locations.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Excavation, Hauling, and Structures
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Saturday, 6am to 11pm to support construction.
- Intermittent lane closures may be in place to support deck panel maintenance and investigation work in the Fairfax station area. Anticipated work hours are 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
- Intermittent lane closures may be in place to support concrete pours in the Fairfax station area. Anticipated work hours are 9am to 4pm and 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. – Excavation, Hauling, Instrumentation and Street Restoration
- Excavation continues from the construction staging yards at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale. Work hours are typically 6am to 11pm, Monday to Saturday.
- N Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support excavation activities in the Gale Staging Yard. Work hours will be Monday through Saturday, 6am to 6pm. Access to N Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Hauling hours are anticipated to increase as excavation continues under Wilshire Blvd. The work hours will be 6am to 5:30pm, and 7pm to 10pm.
- Intermittent lane reductions, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures may be in place during non-rush hour traffic times (9am to 4pm, 8pm to 6am) for instrumentation work, road and utility maintenance.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!
Beginning Wednesday, May 1, and continuing through Saturday, May 11, Sycamore Ave. north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed to support potholing work in advance of appendage construction.