Wilshire Blvd./Western Ave. – Tunneling Support and Street Maintenance
- Northbound Manhattan Pl. will be closed intermittently just north of Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Friday, 7am to 11pm, and Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Access to businesses is maintained, and a signed pedestrian detour is installed. This closure is a public safety measure while tunneling continues.
- Intermittent single-lane closures on Wilshire Blvd. between Western Ave. and Manhattan Pl. may be in place to support construction. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work hours will remain extended at the Western Staging Yard. Click here for more information.
- Cross Passage excavation support has begun at the Western Yard.
Wilshire Blvd./La Brea Ave., Wilshire/Sycamore – Hauling, Deliveries and Tunneling Support
- Hauling and deliveries to and from both La Brea Yards will continue as tunneling progresses underneath Wilshire Blvd. Work hours are 6am to 4pm and 7pm to 2am, Monday to Saturday.
- Intermittent lane closures to Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Highland Ave. and Detroit St. may be in place to support construction activities. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Underground support from the center opening work zone at Wilshire Blvd./Sycamore Ave. continues. The center opening supports station construction under Wilshire Blvd:
- Intermittent single lane closures and through movement restrictions may be in place to support station construction activities. Work hours are 9am to 4pm on Monday through Friday, and 7am to 11pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Wilshire Blvd./Rimpau Blvd. – Center Enclosure, Material Deliveries and Underground Construction
- The work zone on the west side of the Wilshire Blvd./Rimpau Blvd. intersection is anticipated to be in place until September 2020. Wilshire Blvd. is reduced to two lanes in each direction between June St. and Muirfield Rd.
- Concrete and material deliveries are anticipated to begin in December 2020.
Wilshire Blvd. and Side Streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. – Instrumentation, Environmental Testing and Street Maintenance
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. and side streets between Western Ave. and San Vicente Blvd. may be in place to support instrumentation installation, environmental testing, and street maintenance. Work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 11pm, Saturday to Sunday.
Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. – Station Construction, Hauling and Concrete Pouring
- Ogden Dr. will be closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., Monday to Saturday, 24 hours a day to support construction.
- Intermittent lane closures may be in place to support deck panel maintenance and investigations in the Fairfax station area. Anticipated work hours are 9am to 3:30pm, and 7pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
- Orange Grove Ave. will continue to be closed south of Wilshire Blvd. This closure is anticipated to be in place until June 2020.
Wilshire Blvd./Crescent Heights and Wilshire Blvd./La Jolla Ave. – Utility and Tunnel Investigation
- Tunnel investigation work at Wilshire Blvd./La Jolla Ave. will continue this week. This work will be at night from 8pm to 6am. The traffic control to support this work will be single lane closures along Wilshire Blvd. between Crescent Heights Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. – Station Construction, Material Deliveries, Instrumentation and Concrete Pouring
- Station construction continues at the staging yards at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr. Work will be conducted 24 hours a day within the staging yards.
- N. Gale Dr. will be intermittently closed at Wilshire Blvd. to support construction activities in the Gale staging yard. Work hours will be Monday through Saturday, 6am to 6pm. Access to N. Gale Dr. will be maintained from San Vicente Blvd. This closure is a public safety measure due to high volumes of vehicle ingress/egress from the property.
- Work hours within the staging yards and on Wilshire Blvd. will continue 24 hours a day.
- Metro’s Contractor will be requesting a change of use for the former Benihana parking lot to allow for project employees to park. This request is anticipated to be on the agenda for the December 17, 2019 City Council Meeting.
- Concrete and rebar deliveries to the La Cienega Station Box continue. Click here for more information.
- Intermittent lane reductions, turn restrictions, and sidewalk closures may be in place to support instrumentation work, road and utility maintenance at Wilshire Blvd./La Cienega Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd./Stanley Ave.
The 720 bus stop at Wilshire Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. has been temporarily relocated to Willaman Dr. Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!