On Saturday, January 28th, pile installation will continue on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. at Fairfax Ave. This will require a directional closure on Wilshire to safely complete the work. In consideration of Museum Free Day, there will be no work on Sunday, January 29th at Fairfax Ave.
Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
- This Saturday, there will be an eastbound directional closure on Wilshire Blvd. between San Vicente Blvd. and Fairfax Ave.
Vehicles will be detoured starting at La Cienega Blvd., with local access maintained up to San Vicente Blvd. The primary detour route for eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound La Cienega Blvd. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane between Gale Dr. and San Vicente Blvd. (PENDING: City of Beverly Hills approval).
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane between Orange Grove Ave. and San Diego Way.
- Right turns will be restricted from northbound San Vicente Blvd. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd. and from northbound Crescent Heights Blvd. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turns will be restricted from southbound San Vicente Blvd. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd. and from southbound Crescent Heights Blvd. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Traffic officer support will be at key intersections to assist with traffic flow.
Work hours for drilling and installing piles are 7am-11pm. Support activities, such as concrete pours, securing plates, sound blanket and closure removal, will occur this weekend from 11pm-1am. The closure will be installed at 4am on Saturday morning and removed at 12:01am on Sunday.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|