Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The current work will include geophysical testing to gather further information about the geological conditions.
January 23 to February 10, Monday through Friday Nights (9PM – 6AM)
- Comstock Ave., between Santa Monica Blvd. and Holman Ave.
- Santa Monica Blvd. between Comstock Ave. and Benecia Ave.
- Benecia Ave., between Santa Monica Blvd. to just south of La Grange Ave.
- Beverly Glen Blvd., from Holman Ave. to just south of La Grange Ave.
Ground vibration and noise may be discernable for the periods that equipment is operating near a particular location. Noise mitigation measures will be in place at all times.
Audible noises are anticipated during equipment activity.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Ground vibration may be discernable for the periods of time that equipment is operating near a particular location.
- Access to driveways, homes, and businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained through study zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented. Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the study zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- January 23 to February 10, Monday through Friday Nights 9PM-6AM
- Fieldwork: seismic reflection studies, using an “EnviroVibe” truck, “microvibe” equipment, seismograph recording truck, geophones, and a geophysical survey crew.