From Saturday, January 21st to Monday, January 23rd, pile installation will continue on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. at Fairfax Ave. Work within the Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. intersection will require Fairfax Ave. lane reductions on weekends.
There will also be intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. through February. Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
- This weekend, there will be a northbound directional closure on Fairfax Ave. at 8th St.
- The closure will be installed at 4am on Saturday, January 21st.
- Vehicles will be detoured starting at Olympic Blvd., with local access maintained up to 8th St.
- Detour route for northbound traffic on Fairfax Ave. will be:
Northbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound Olympic Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Fairfax Ave.
Right turns will be restricted from westbound 8th St. to northbound Fairfax Ave.
- Intermittent crosswalk and sidewalk closures will be implemented for public safety.
For example, the east leg crosswalk at the Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. intersection will be closed. A pedestrian detour sign will be installed and supported by flaggers. Access to businesses will be maintained.
- Traffic control officers will be in place at the intersection.
- 7am to 11pm - Drilling and installing piles.
- 11pm to 7am - Support activities, such as concrete pours, securing plates, sound blanket and closure removal.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|