January 31, 2017
In preparation for future pile installation of the Wilshire/La Cienega Station, the contractor will be installing k−rail (concrete barriers) and fencing on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd. Work will begin on Wilshire Blvd. east of San Vicente Blvd. at 9pm and west of San Vicente Blvd. to La Cienega Blvd. at 12 midnight, Friday, February 3, 2017. This installation and traffic reconfiguration will continue thru Saturday night, February 4, 2017.
This activity will require lane closures to complete street restriping, k−rail placement, changes to turn movements, and signage additions to assist motorists. Once the k−rail is in place, there will be an approximate 20’ wide work zone on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Cienega Blvd. and San Vicente Blvd.
The traffic switch will create the following changes to traffic movement for 4−6 months:
- Wilshire Blvd will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between Stanley Dr. and San Vicente Blvd.
- Left turn restrictions will be in place at Wilshire Blvd./Le Doux Rd., Wilshire Blvd./Hamilton Dr., Wilshire Blvd./Gale Dr., Wilshire Blvd./Tower Dr. and Wilshire Blvd./San Vicente Blvd.
- Access to southbound Tower Dr. from eastbound or westbound Wilshire Blvd. will be restricted. Access to eastbound Wilshire Blvd from northbound Tower Dr. will remain open.
Additional construction notices will be sent with lane closures and scheduling details prior to implementation.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Metro 720/20 bus stops at Wilshire Blvd/La Cienega will be relocated when this activity is implemented and during the duration of major construction. Details will be provided in future notices.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|