Field Work: Century City to Westwood
Due to weather conditions work will be extended from Friday, February 10, 2017 to Friday, February 17, 2017.
Metro contractors are performing field work as part of the planning for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. The current work will include geophysical testing to gather further information about the geological conditions.
Sunday through Thursday Nights (9PM – 6AM)
- Santa Monica Blvd. between Comstock Ave. and Benecia Ave.
- Benecia Ave., between Santa Monica Blvd. to just south of La Grange Ave.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Ground vibration may be discernable for the periods of time that equipment is operating near a particular location.
- Access to driveways, homes, and businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained through study zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the study zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Fieldwork: seismic reflection studies using an “EnviroVibe” truck, “microvibe” equipment, seismograph recording truck, geophones, and a geophysical survey crew.
- Sunday, January 29 to Friday, February 17, Sunday through Thursday Nights only 9PM-6AM