On Saturday, January 14th, weekend pile installation will continue on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. This work calls for piles to be installed within the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection, and requires lane reductions on Fairfax Ave. thru the weekend. There will also be intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. Closures on Fairfax to support pile work on weekends will occur throughout January and February. Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
- Jan 14-16, Fairfax Ave. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 6th St. and 8th St. from Saturday at 4am to Monday at 6am.
- Left turns are restricted from Fairfax Ave. to Wilshire Blvd. from both directions
- Right turns will be restricted from eastbound Wilshire to southbound Fairfax Ave.
- One of the two left turn pockets from westbound 6th St. to southbound Fairfax Ave. will be restricted.
- Sidewalk closures will occur on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. just west of Fairfax Ave. and on Fairfax Ave. just south of Wilshire Blvd.
- In addition, intermittent crosswalk closures will implemented for public safety. Pedestrian detour signs will be installed and supported by flaggers. Access to businesses will be maintained.
- There will be traffic control officers at the intersection.
- 7am to 11pm for drilling and pile installation
- 11pm to 7am for support activities, such as concrete pours, securing plates, sound blanket and closure removal
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|