SoCal Gas (SCG) will relocate utility lines in preparation for the Purple Line Extension Section 3 at the intersection of Ohio Ave. and Butler Ave. SCG utility relocation will be done from January 2 through 16, Monday to Friday, from 9am to 3:30pm, and Saturday to Sunday, from 8am to 9pm.
Date: January 2 through January 16
Work Hours: Monday to Friday from 9am to 3:30pm, Saturday to Sunday from 8am to 9pm
- Eastbound traffic on Ohio Ave. will be restricted between Colby Ave. and Butler Ave.
- Northbound traffic on Butler Ave. will be restricted between Santa Monica Blvd. and Ohio Ave.
- Southbound traffic on Butler Ave. will only be permitted to turn right onto westbound Ohio Ave.
- Local access for residents will be maintained.
- Parking will be restricted in the work zones.
- Utility service will be maintatined.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained around the investigation sites.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!