Metro contractors will be investigating subsurface conditions, also known as geotechnical investigation, along the tunnel alignment of the Purple Line Extension Section 3 at various locations through Fall 2019. Work will occur on westbound Wilshire Blvd. on Friday, October 4 and Monday, October 7, and on eastbound Wilshire Blvd. on Saturdays, October 5 and October 12.
Westbound Wilshire Blvd. near Glendon Ave.
Dates: Friday, October 4 and Monday, October 7
Work Hours: 9am to 3:30pm
- Westbound traffic on Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced between Malcolm Ave. and Glendon Ave.
Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. near Gayley Ave.
Dates: Saturdays, October 5 and October 12
Work Hours: 8am to 6pm
- Eastbound traffic on Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced between Gayley Ave. and Westwood Blvd.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!