Metro is coordinating with Southern California Edison to upgrade the electrical system along Wilshire Blvd. near Federal Ave. to provide the power necessary for construction and tunneling activities. This upgrade will also provide power for the operations of the future Westwood/VA Hospital Station. Work will continue on Tuesday, March 10 and will be done in stages for the next several weeks, from 9pm to 6am.
Traffic Controls on Wilshire Blvd.
Date: March 10 through April 10
Work Hours: Nightly, 9pm to 6am
- Eastbound lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Granville Ave. and just east of Federal Ave.
- Southbound lane reductions on San Vicente Blvd. just north of Wilshire Blvd.
- Parking will be restricted in the work zones.
- Utility service will be maintained.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained around the investigation sites.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!