This work has been postponed until further notice.
Metro contractors will continue construction activities for the Purple Line Extension Section 3 along Federal Ave. near Wilshire Blvd. from Monday, September 16 through Friday, October 4. Utility relocation for SCE duct banks will take place on Federal Ave., from 9pm to 6am. Work will be done on weeknights only.
Date: Monday, September 16 to Friday, October 4
Work Hours: 9pm to 6am, weeknights only
- Northbound lane reductions on Federal Ave. between Texas Ave. and Wilshire Blvd.
- Eastbound lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Stoner Ave. and just east of Federal Ave.
- Right turns will be maintained.
- Please follow posted signs and cones near work zones to maintain safety for motorists and pedestrians through the area.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!