Metro contractors will be investigating subsurface conditions, also known as geotechnical investigation, along the tunnel alignment of the Purple Line Extension Section 3 at various locations from now through Fall 2019. Work will occur on Wilshire Blvd. between Westwood Blvd. and Gayley Ave. on Saturdays, August 24 and August 31. Work will also take place in the alley, west of Comstock Ave., between Santa Monica Blvd. and Eastbourne Ave. from Tuesday, September 3 to Friday, September 6. Work hours are 8am to 6pm.
Dates: Saturdays, August 24 and August 31
Work Hours: 8am to 6pm
- Eastbound traffic will be reduced on Wilshire Blvd. between Gayley Ave. and Westwood Blvd.
Dates: Tuesday, September 3 to Friday, September 6
Work Hours: 8am to 6pm
- Temporary reduced access in the alley, west of Comstock Ave., between Santa Monica Blvd. and Eastbourne Ave.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained around the investigation sites.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!