Metro contractors will be conducting utility investigations along the tunnel alignment of the Purple Line Extension Section 3. Work will occur in stages on Ashton Ave., east of Westholme Ave. from Tuesday, August 13 to Tuesday, August 20, from 9am to 3:30pm.
Date: Tuesday, August 13 to Tuesday, August 20
Time: 9am to 3:30pm
- Traffic will be reduced in stages on Ashton Ave., east of Westholme Ave.
- Temporary parking restrictions in the work area.
- Flaggers will assist with traffic safety.
- Streets, curbs and gutters, sidewalks, and other affected areas will be restored
- Please follow flaggers’ directions and posted signs and cones around the area to maintain safety for motorists and pedestrians.
- Access to driveways will be maintained.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained around the investigation sites.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!