This work has been postponed until further notice.
Metro contractors will be investigating subsurface conditions, also known as geotechnical investigation, along the tunnel alignment of the Purple Line Extension Section 3 at various locations from June through August 2019.
On Friday, June 21 to Tuesday, June 25 work will occur on westbound Wilshire Blvd., east of Glendon Ave., in the center lanes from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
Investigations at 21 locations from June through August will last one to five days each.
Date: Friday, June 21 to Tuesday, June 25. Weekdays only.
Work Hours: 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Work will occur on westbound Wilshire Blvd, east of Glendon Ave., in the center lanes.
- Temporary lane reduction on westbound Wilshire Blvd, between Malcolm Ave. and Glendon Ave.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!