Metro contractors will be investigating subsurface conditions also known as geotechnical investigation along the tunnel alignment of the Purple Line Extension Section 3 at various locations from June through August 2019.
On Monday, June 17 to Friday, June 21 work will occur on Wellworth Ave., north of Fairburn Ave. from 8am to 6pm. On Thursday, June 20 to Wednesday, June 26 work will along northbound Warner Ave., north of Thayer Ave., weekdays only, from 8am to 6pm.
Date: Monday, June 17 to Wednesday, June 26
Work Hours: 8am to 6pm
No weekend work.
- June 17 to June 21: Shoulder closure along northbound Wellworth Ave., north of Fairburn Ave.
- June 20 to June 26: Shoulder closure along northbound Warner Ave., north of Thayer Ave. Weekdays only
- Please follow posted signs and cones near investigation sites to maintain safety for motorists and pedestrians through the area.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!