As part of the State, County, and applicable City orders specific to the COVID-19 response, Metro construction activities are currently included as “Essential” activities. Therefore, construction activities are continuing as permitted by the local jurisdiction.
Metro continues to coordinate with Southern California Edison (SCE) to upgrade the electrical system along Wilshire Blvd., Ohio Ave., and Federal Ave. to provide the power necessary for construction and tunneling activities. This upgrade will also provide power for the operations of the future Westwood/VA Hospital Station.
SCE coordination work is expected to be completed in Summer 2020.
Per the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT), there will be relaxed parking enforcement for street sweeping, however, parking restrictions in construction zones will still be enforced.
- Monday through Friday, 7am to 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 9pm
- Wilshire Blvd. only: Monday through Friday, 9pm to 6am
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd., Ohio Ave., and Federal Ave.
- Intermittent turn restrictions on Ohio Ave. between Federal Ave. and Purdue Ave.
- Intermittent turn restrictions on Federal Ave. between Texas Ave and Ohio Ave.
- Intermittent traffic restrictions on Colby Ave. and Butler Ave.
- Parking restrictions in construction work zones. Temporary day time parking available at the St. Sebastian Church north parking lot; 7am to 6pm only. Vehicles left in work zones will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
During construction, some Metro bus lines could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!