Metro contractors are continuing excavation work to relocate underground water, power and telecommunications equipment in Westwood. While AUR is being performed, some traffic lanes will be temporarily reduced or access might be restricted. Please note posted signs and cones near construction zones, which will provide motorists and pedestrians safe, alternate routes for travel through the area. Full street closure on Midvale Ave. from Monday, March 30 through Sunday, April 19.
Dates: Monday, March 30 through Sunday, April 19.
- Weeknights, Monday through Friday, 9pm to 6am
- Weekends, Fridays and Saturdays, 9pm to 10am and Sundays, 9pm to 6am
- Eastbound lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd. between Veteran Ave. and Westwood Blvd.
- Southbound traffic restrictions on Gayley Ave. from Wilshire Blvd. to Ashton Ave.
- Northbound traffic restrictions on Midvale Ave. from Ashton Ave. to Wilshire Blvd.
- Detour access on Veteran Ave., Ashton Ave., and Westwood Blvd. will be maintained.
- Access to businesses and driveways will be maintained.
- Utility service will be maintained.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!