Metro contractors are performing field work for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension to prepare for advanced utility relocation. This work will include underground pothole/trench investigation to verify AT&T lines.
Dates and Times
- From Tuesday, February 27 through Monday, April 30.
- Monday –Thursday, 8pm–6am
- Fridays, 10pm–8am
- Saturday and Sunday, 8am–6pm
Traffic Control Measures
- Intermittent lane reductions will be in place during work hours.
- Intermittent turn restrictions will be enforced.
- Sidewalks and driveways will remain open at all times.
- A flagger will assist pedestrians at the intersection of Lindbrook Dr. and Gayley Ave. during work hours.
Advance Utility Relocation (AUR) will be starting April 2018. More information to follow.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!