Metro contractors will trim trees and install traffic cameras at the intersection of Ohio Ave. and Federal Ave. on Wednesday, January 22 from 9am to 3:30pm. This work is in preparation for the Purple Line Extension Project and will allow for better traffic visibility at the intersection.
Date: Wednesday, January 22
Work hours: 9am to 3:30pm
- Intermittent lane reductions on Ohio Ave. between Barry Ave. and Colby Ave.
- Intermittent turn restrictions on Ohio Ave. between Barry Ave. and Colby Ave.
- Intermittent lane reductions on Federal Ave. between Santa Monica Blvd. and Wyoming Ave.
- Temporary parking restrictions in the work area.
During construction, some Metro bus line could be affected and some bus stops might be relocated.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!