Starting on January 9, for approximately three weeks, Metro contractors will be performing underground utility potholing work on Ohio Ave. between Federal Ave. and Purdue Ave. Utility Potholing is an excavation method used to investigate the soil to confirm any underground obstructions, such as utilities.
Weekday work hours: Monday - Friday, 9am to 3:30pm
Saturday work hours: 8am to 6pm
Traffic Control Measures:
- Intermittent lane reductions on Ohio Ave. between Federal Ave. and Purdue Ave.
- Intermittent turn restrictions on Ohio Ave. between Federal Ave. and Purdue Ave.
All businesses remain open during construction.
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!