The design-build contractor for the Purple Line Extension Project Section 2 will implement a closure of the N. Cañon Dr./Wilshire Blvd. intersection beginning on September 9, 2019. A 20-ft wall will be installed at the intersection of N. Cañon Dr. and Wilshire Blvd. beginning that same day. This wall closure is an effort to mitigate traffic and noise for a minimum of two years during major construction. N. Cañon Dr. will be reconfigured into a cul-de-sac* while pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of the closure. Parking meters on the east side of N. Cañon Dr. will be relocated to the west side of the street.
Beginning September 9, 2019, N. Cañon Dr. will no longer be accessible via Wilshire Blvd. Establishments on N. Cañon Dr. will remain accessible via Clifton Way and from southbound N. Cañon Dr. Sidewalks and parking meter closures on N. Cañon Dr. near Wilshire Blvd. may be impacted during work hours.
* Construction is dynamic and is subject to change. Work has received necessary permits and approvals or is pending approval by the City of Beverly Hills. Additional construction notices will be distributed with further details prior to the start of major activities.
- Closure of N. Cañon Dr./Wilshire Blvd. intersection begins September 9, 2019.
- During construction of the 20-ft wall closure, sidewalk closures and parking meter closures may be implemented during work hours within the work area
- Closure of N. Cañon Dr./Wilshire Blvd. intersection begins September 9, 2019 through
- Wall closure construction begins September 9, 2019 and will continue through late September 2019*
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday: 7am–4pm, Saturday – Sunday: 8am–6pm
- N. Cañon Dr. will no longer be accessible via Wilshire Blvd. for a minimum of two years.
- Establishments on N. Cañon Dr. will remain accessible via Clifton Way and from southbound N. Cañon Dr.
- Flaggers may be available within the work area to maintain pedestrian access.
Advanced detour signage will be in place to notify drivers of alternate routes.
An extensive feasibility study was conducted in advance of the closure, which identified striping and signal timing changes to improve traffic operations in the area.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines will be impacted. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Additional closures may be necessary. Detour routes are subject to change at the discretion of the Los Angeles City Department of Transportation.
From the current terminus at Wilshire/Western, the Purple Line Extension will extend westward for about nine miles with seven new stations. Visit metro.net/purple to sign-up for construction updates and to learn more.
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Doing Business with Metro
Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!