The Purple Line Extension Subway Project, Section 2 will begin geotechnical boring work in Century City the night of January 3, 2018. The purpose of geotechnical borings is to gather additional soil information to characterize subsurface conditions, which will help with design and construction. Subsurface samples will be collected, and monitoring equipment will be installed for monitoring prior to and during construction.
When and Where
- B-17-017: Intersection of Constellation Blvd. and Avenue of the Stars
- January 3 and 4, 2018 for 2 nights
- 8pm to 6am
- B-17-018: Constellation Blvd. between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East
- January 5 and 8, 2018 for 2 nights
- 8pm to 6am
- Right turns will be restricted from southbound Avenue of the Stars to Constellation Blvd.
- Valet access will be maintained east of Avenue of the Stars.
- All work will receive necessary permits and approvals from the City of Los Angeles.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call Metro 24/7 Hotline at 213.922.6934.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|